Termination of BlackBerry Services and Support on 4th January 2022
In 2017, Blackberry committed to providing at least two more years of support for BBOS and BB10 and at least two years of BlackBerry network access for BBOS devices. BlackBerry will now be taking steps to end the life of infrastructure services associated to devices running BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier, ESBL and IBL licencing.
With effect from the end of service date (04 January 2022), the following BlackBerry services will terminate and will cease to be provided:
- Service Access and Optional Services for BlackBerry devices on an operating system lower than BlackBerry 10 (regardless of billing model),
- BlackBerry Messenger for BlackBerry 10, and operating system versions earlier than BlackBerry 10,
- BlackBerry 10 Standard Service,
- BlackBerry 10 Advanced Service,
- BlackBerry 10 BBM Unlimited Service,
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (“BES”) and Unified Endpoint Management (“UEM”) services that support BBOS and BlackBerry 10,
- Enhanced SIM-Based Licencing (“ESBL”) and Identity-Based Licensing (“IBL”) offerings, and
- Any and all applications and services associated with BBOS and BlackBerry 10 service.
View External FAQs