SmartAccess linked to other service providers
SmartAccess Golden number
Optional Service Features
CustomAreaCall (magisterial districts and exchange level)
Areas served by each branch or site
National - Calls routed on a National basis.Provincial - Calls are routed according to the Province where the call originated:
Magisterial Districts and Exchanges
Telkom's Primary levels are:
Gauteng Central Region: 011; 016; 017; 018;
North Eastern Region: 012; 013; 014; 015;
Western Region: 02;
Eastern Region: 03;
Southern Region: 04;
Central Region: 05.
Please note that Telkom has no control over the routing philosophy of the mobile operators and can simply route calls based on where it enters the Telkom network.
With FreeCall 080 and ShareCall 0860, subscribers are charged the SmartAccess long-distance call rates for cellular calls they receive on the SmartAccess numbers (refer to the cost page for more details on call rates).
To save on call costs the LimitCall feature can be used to block cellular calls. In this case the mobile caller can be advised, through an announcement, to dial from a landline.
- "This service is only available during office hours. Please call again later".
- "The subscriber you have dialled cannot be reached through this number from the area you are calling from".
- "The number you have dialled is not accessible from a cellular phone, please use a Telkom landline. Thank you".
- “This number has been changed , in future please dial 08……”
The Admin Feature is now available ONLINE
SmartAccess Call Detail Report
So how can you determine the impact of your advertising- It's easy; the SmartAccess Call Detail report will enable you to pinpoint customer response and geographical activity.
SmartAccess Call Management Report
The report contains summarized call information on all calls made to your SmartAccess number. Typical information that will be contained in these reports is:
- The number of successful versus unsuccessful calls. If you have multiple offices it will be offered per business site;
- Number of successful and unsuccessful calls offered to the SmartAccess number per originating province;
- Number of successful and unsuccessful calls offered to the SmartAccess number per Telkom time slot;
- Call traffic analysis per day of the month;
- Call traffic analysis per hour of the day.
For your convenience these reports will be available on the Telkom Ease-e-Bill website. Once you have ordered them via the IN Service Activation Centre at 08000 SMART (76278) and you have registered as an Ease-e-Bill user you will be able to access these.
You can register on-line as an Ease-e-Bill user at View Ease-e-Bill
SmartAccess Auto Attendant
The SmartAccess Auto Attendant features a multi-level menu driven service, which enables you to have your SmartAccess calls routed to multiple telephone numbers based on the input of the caller. When the caller dials your SmartAccess number the Auto Attendant will answer the call and offer the caller options to select from. The caller will be routed to the intended destination efficiently and accurately.
- No need for expensive call centre equipment;
- allers are routed to the intended destination the first time, without the need to transfer of forward the call to an alternative number.
View Auto Attendant User Guide