Important note: Wherever you pay your Telkom account, always remember:
- to provide your ID or business registration number on the reverse side of your cheque;
- that Telkom or its agents will not accept post dated cheques;
- that cheques are always payable in the name of the entity at which you are paying;
- that payments through ATM's or by mail cause delays. When you pay on your last payment date (the due date), rather pay at a counter and obtain a receipt. The date on the receipt determines whether Telkom will charge interest or not;
- that Telkom submits dishonoured cheques to credit bureaus for publication; and
- only Telkom may refund payments. Direct your account enquiries to Telkom.
By debit order
A debit order payment is always on time, which means that you can enjoy an uninterrupted service and never have to pay interest. To keep control, you set a limit on your debit order. For information on how to pay by debit order, call 10210/10217.
You may pay your Telkom account by means of Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), Internet or telephone banking transfer facilities. ABSA, FNB, Mercantile Bank, Nedbank and Standard Bank offer these facilities to Telkom customers. Arrange with your bank to pay your account through any of these means by providing your bank with a unique number. The unique number consist of the Group No, System number and payment code combined as one number. This can be found on the bottom of the front page of your bill under Mail Payment slip.
Note : This number is valid for your account only.
At a Bank
Payments can also be made at any ABSA, FNB or Standard Bank branch. Please take the first page of this invoice with your payment to any of the branches. Payments will not be accepted without your invoice.
At the Post office
Take the whole first page of this invoice together with your cheque or cash to any post office. Where available, you may place your cheque (not cash) together with the mail payment slip in the cheque deposit box.
You can pay this account through EasyPay at all Pick 'n Pay stores countrywide. Give the whole first page of this invoice together with your payment (cash or cheque) to the cashier. Residential customers may also pay by credit card or most debit cards. Always insist on a receipt and never mail any payments to your Pick 'n Pay store.
Note: EasyPay terminals are also available at other selected convenience stores. Please enquire about this service at your local dealer.
Provide the whole first page of this invoice together with your payment (cash or cheque) to the cashier. Residential customers may also pay by credit card and most debit cards. Always insist on a receipt and never mail any payments to your Shoprite or Checkers stores.