MD: Telkom International and Subsidiaries to retire
Telkom and the Group Chief Executive Officer today announced that Mr Motlatsi Nzeku will retire from his position and resign his directorships in all Telkom subsidiaries on 7 June 2012
Nzeku joined Telkom in 1994 as a Manager in Internal Audit and he held several positions including Managing Executive: Customer Service, GE: Procurement Services, Chief Information Officer: Telkom SA and Chief of Operations: Telkom SA. Nzeku retires as MD: Telkom International and Subsidiaries.
During the past 18 years, Nzeku, a seasoned engineer, contributed to Telkom's network and operational transformation and its development of IT strategy. Nzeku is also accredited for driving the transformation of the South African ICT landscape through the development of many BEE suppliers.
In announcing the retirement, Telkom's Group CEO, Ms Nombulelo Moholi said, "It is with regret that I lose one of the valuable members of my Executive Committee whom I have personally known and worked closely with for many years. I would like to take this opportunity to wish Motlatsi well in his future endeavours."
For further enquiries, please contact:
Senior Specialist: Media Relations
Tel.: (012) 311-5247
Cell: 081 389 7874
Specialist: Media Relations
Tel.: (012) 311-7114
Cell: 081 391 4780
Telkom is a leading communications services provider in South Africa and on the African continent. We had consolidated normalised operating revenue from continuing operations of R33.4 billion and normalised profit for the year from continuing operations of R2.4 billion for the year ended 31 March 2011. Total assets from continuing operations amounted to R54.3 billion and equity attributable to the owners of Telkom to R29.6 billion as of 31 March 2011. The group generated normalised free cash flow of R3.5 billion for the year ended 31 March 2011.
We had consolidated operating revenue from continuing operations of R16.4 billion and profit for the period from continuing operations of R502 million for the six months ended 30 September 2011. Total assets amounted to R52.4 billion and equity attributable to the owners of Telkom to R29.1 billion as of 30 September 2011. The group generated free cash flow of R1.5 billion for the six months ended 30 September 2011.
As of 30 September 2011, we had approximately 4.1 million telephone access lines in service and 99.9% of our telephone access lines were connected to digital exchanges. We offer business, residential and payphone customers a wide range of services and products, including:
- fixed-line subscription and connection services to post-paid, prepaid and private payphone customers using PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) lines, including ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) lines, and the sale of the subscription based value-added voice services and customer premises equipment rental and sales;
- fixed-line traffic services to post-paid, prepaid, and payphone customers, including local, long distance, fixed-to-mobile, international outgoing and international voice-over-internet protocol traffic services;
- interconnection services, including terminating and transiting traffic from South African mobile operators, as well as from international operators and transiting traffic from mobile to international destinations;
- fixed-line data centre operations and internet services,including domestic and international data transmission services, such as point-to-point leased lines, ADSL (Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line) services, packet-based services, managed data networking services and internet access and related information technology services;
- e-commerce, including internet access service provider, application service provider, hosting, data storage, e-mail and security services;
- W-CDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access), a 3G next generation network, including fixed voice services, data services and nomadic voice services;
- mobile communication services, including voice services, data services and handset sales through its mobile brand called 8•ta; and
- other services including directory services, through Trudon (Proprietary) Limited, wireless data services, through Swiftnet (Proprietary) Limited and internet services outside South Africa, through iWayAfrica Group (integration of Africa Online Limited and MWEB Africa Limited).