Telkom serves up more data
Following a successful three month free blended data promotion, Telkom today announced that the data caps for the TelkomInternet AllAccess products would be permanently increased at no additional charge.
In July this year the Company announced a promotion to its data hungry customers in which the monthly data cap on the 1 GB TelkomInternet AllAccess increase to 5GB; the 5GB TelkomInternet AllAccess to 10GB and the 9GB TelkomInternet AllAccess to 20GB.
This promotion was well received by customers who enjoyed free additional data usage for three consecutive months.
However, with the promotion drawing to a close at the end of September, Telkom is permanently increasing the monthly DSL blended data cap on the following products: 3GB TelkomInternet AllAccess will increase to 4GB; 6GB TelkomInternet AllAccess will increase to 8GB and the 10GB TelkomInternet AllAccess will increase to 16GB.
This new offer will not affect the free local data allocated on these packages. Telkom customers on these packages will automatically receive the increase data cap from 1 October with no additional charge.
Telkom's Managing Director of Consumer Services and Retail, Manelisa Mavuso said, "We are aware of the ongoing appetite South Africans are developing for data and Telkom is gearing up to meet that demand."
"This offer is just another way TelkomInternet would like to reward our valued customers for their continuous support," he added.
Telkom also highlighted that for R20 more 1GB TelkomInternet AllAccess customers currently paying R79 for their service can upgrade to the 4GB TelkomInternet AllAccess package for only R99 per month.
The DSL blended data will automatically be added to the following packages on 1 October 2011 at no additional charge:
|New data caps|
|Current data cap and name||1 October 2011|
|1 GB TelkomInternet AllAccess||1 GB (Unchanged)|
|3 GB TelkomInternet AllAccess||4 GB|
|6 GB TelkomInternet AllAccess||8 GB|
|10 GB TelkomInternet AllAccess||16 GB|
For further enquiries, please contact:
Senior Specialist: Media Relations
Tel.: (012) 311-5247
Cell: 081 389 7874
Specialist: Media Relations
Tel.: (012) 311-7114
Cell: 081 391 4780
Telkom is a leading communications services provider in South Africa and on the African continent. We had consolidated normalised operating revenue from continuing operations of R33.4 billion and normalised profit for the year from continuing operations of R2.4 billion for the year ended 31 March 2011. Total assets from continuing operations amounted to R54.3 billion and equity attributable to the owners of Telkom to R29.6 billion as of 31 March 2011. The group generated normalised free cash flow of R3.5 billion for the year ended 31 March 2011.
As of 31 March 2011, we had approximately 4.2 million telephone access lines in service and 99.9% of our telephone access lines were connected to digital exchanges. We offer business, residential and payphone customers a wide range of services and products, including:
- fixed-line subscription and connection services to post-paid, prepaid and private payphone customers using PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) lines, including ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) lines, and the sale of the subscription based value-added voice services and customer premises equipment rental and sales;
- fixed-line traffic services to post-paid, prepaid, and payphone customers, including local, long distance, fixed-to-mobile, international outgoing and international voice-over-internet protocol traffic services;
- interconnection services, including terminating and transiting traffic from South African mobile operators, as well as from international operators and transiting traffic from mobile to international destinations;
- fixed-line data centre operations and internet services,including domestic and international data transmission services, such as point-to-point leased lines, ADSL (Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line) services, packet-based services, managed data networking services and internet access and related information technology services;
- e-commerceincluding internet access service provider, application service provider, hosting, data storage, e-mail and security services;
- W-CDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access), a 3G next generation network, including fixed voice services, data services and nomadic voice services;
- mobile communication services, including voice services, data services and handset sales through its mobile brand called 8•ta; and
- other services including directory services, through Trudon (Proprietary) Limited, wireless data services, through Swiftnet (Proprietary) Limited and internet services outside South Africa, through iWayAfrica Group (integration of Africa Online Limited and MWEB Africa Limited).